RE: [atlarge-discuss] Limited mandate for interim panel

> Any one on the team should be qualified to occupy an ICANN Board seat if
> and when that time  comes.

> --Joop Teernstra LL.M.--

A child of 3 would be better qualified to occupy a Board seat than most of
the current incumbents - at least they *share* their toys -  but that's not
the point. ICANN has dropped the ball on the At Large Elections. If Jamie's
GA initiative to rebid the ICANN contract fails for whatever reason, and we
do not pick up the ball to run the At Large elections for them, then
appointees of the Nominating Committee will be imposed upon us to represent
the At Large interest. I don't think that's what we want, is it?

Why not run elections for At Large Board seats as well in July?

See Icannatlarge.com Forum, Best Practices, Grass Roots Nine Seat Challenge.
http://www.icannatlarge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=90&highlight=.

Regards,
Joanna