Re: [atlarge-discuss] Limited mandate for interim panel

Joanna and all stakeholders of interested parties,

Joanna Lane wrote:

> > Any one on the team should be qualified to occupy an ICANN Board seat if
> > and when that time  comes.
>
> > --Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
>
> A child of 3 would be better qualified to occupy a Board seat than most of
> the current incumbents - at least they *share* their toys -  but that's not
> the point. ICANN has dropped the ball on the At Large Elections.

  Yes unfortunately we are saddled with ICANN BoD members that
are of a less than reasonable quality and especially not of the stakeholders
choice with the exception of Karl and Andy...

> If Jamie's
> GA initiative to rebid the ICANN contract fails for whatever reason, and we
> do not pick up the ball to run the At Large elections for them, then
> appointees of the Nominating Committee will be imposed upon us to represent
> the At Large interest. I don't think that's what we want, is it?

  No it is not what our [INEGroup] members would like to see, that's for sure...

However the ICANNATLARGE.COM effort thus far is not seemingly going
very well either...

> Why not run elections for At Large Board seats as well in July?

  I see no reason why ICANNATLARGE.COM and other At-Large
efforts underway could not do this...  The ICANN present ICANN BOD
of course will likely reject them though...

> See Icannatlarge.com Forum, Best Practices, Grass Roots Nine Seat Challenge.
> http://www.icannatlarge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=90&highlight=.
>
> Regards,
> Joanna

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827