From: "Vittorio Bertola" <vb@vitaminic.net>
To: "James Love" <james.love@cptech.org>
Cc: "Joop Teernstra" <terastra@terabytz.co.nz>; "atlarge discuss list"
<atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de>
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 5:12 AM
Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] Limited mandate for interim panel

On Mon, 6 May 2002 00:20:18 -0400, you wrote:

>> The time for the next election is set. (27 July)
>
>I personally don't think it is good to hold elections when many will be on
>vaction.  If we could do this sooner, it would be good.  Plus, as lame
ducks
>(a tempory board), we don't have much authority, and the new board can
speak
>more confidently.    I think it would be better to more the date of the
>election up.

I am worried about having elections at the end of July in holiday
period, but I am also worried about having new elections without
having accomplished anything. The mandate of the current panel is made
of many different points, of which setting up new elections is only
one, and was thought to happen *after* final Bylaws are approved.
Simply voting a new panel without the Bylaws would mean having lost
these three months.

So I'd try to set up the organization first, and then to vote. I think
we can do it for July, but not for the first week of June! (And by the
way, perhaps after Bucharest the scenario will be much clearer.)
--
.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.
Vittorio Bertola     <vb@vitaminic.net>    Ph. +39 011 23381220

DISCLAIMER, PLEASE NOTE: This communication is intended only for use by the
addressee. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
Transmission, distribution and/or copy cannot be permitted. Please notify
immediately the sender by replying if you are not the intended recipient.