Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [ALSC-Forum] ICANN Announcement - At-Large List Nam...

Bruce and all stakeholders or interested parties,

Bruce Young wrote:

> Danny Younger wrote:
>
> >So let's look at this question a little bit more... If the At-Large gets
> nine
> >seats, who will get the remaining seats?
>
> OK.  Lets.  First lets stipulate that individual members of *all* the
> below-listed groups have the right to join the At Large, but only to
> represent themselves personally.  Almost all of these worthy of
> representation already have it:
>
> >1.  gTLDs
> >2.  ccTLDs
>
> The DNSO.  They speak to domain name issues.

  No gTLD or Global TLD's are Registries that are managing
gTLD's such as .com, .org, .net, .biz,. .info, ect....
ccTLD's are Country code TLD registries.  SUch as .US,
.DE, .PH, ect...  The DNSO has a constituency for each
of these groups.  See: http://www.dnso.org/constituency/cctld/cctld.html
and http://www.dnso.org/constituency/gtld/gtld.html .

> >3.  Business Constituency
> >4.  ISPs
> >17.  Registrars
> >18.  Resellers
> >22.  Registrants
> >27.  CEO
>
> No one.  Why sould commercial entities deserve special consideration?  In
> fact, if they make a profit from the Internet, we (the public) deserve
> consideration from *them!*  The Internet should remain the free (as in open
> access), public resource it started out as.

  They none the less deserve representation.  Commerce is
par to of the internet and does represent a group of
stakeholders.  So a completely free internet is not possible now.
Yet it can still remain a public resource with much room for
all interests.  None the less I agree that special consideration
for these interest groups is not healthy for  ICANN or the
Stakeholders/users.  This is indeed a central problem
in structure with the DNSO presently.  To slanted towards
special interest stakeholders...

  See: http://www.dnso.org/constituency/ncdnh/ncdnh.html

> >7.  Root Server Operators
> >15.  RIPE NCC
> >16.  APNIC
> >19.  AFRINIC
> >20.  LACNIC
>
> I agree that they need representation, I'm just not sure where they belong.
> Where do *you* think.
>
> >8.  IETF
> >9.  ETSI
> >11. W3C
> >12. ITU-U
> >13. ISO
>
> International standards bodies.  They don't *need* anyone to speak for them!
> In fact, they have to approve any standards ICANN comes up with, do they
> not?
>
> >10.  IAB
>
> A sub-organization of the Internet Society, which is an trade organization
> for those who make their living off the Internet.  We've already had a
> conversation about them!
>
> >14.  ARIN
>
> DNSO or PSO, depending on the subject of the moment.
>
> >21.  GAC
>
> They are *part* of ICANN.  They need a forum to talk to themselves?
>
> >24.  NGOs
> >25.  Consumer Protection Groups
>
> The At Large.  For the most part, there constituents are the same as ours:
> individuals.
>
> >23.  Small Business
>
> The At Large! They'll get better support from us than anyone else!
>
> >26.  Individuals
>
> The At Large! Duh!
>
> Bruce Young
> Portland, Oregon
> Bruce@barelyadequate.info
> http://www.barelyadequate.info

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827