Re: [atlarge-discuss] online voting

I agree.  Secret ballots with safeguards to minimize ballot box stuffing.

Regards,

Micheal Sherrill

From: "Ron Sherwood" <sherwood@islands.vi>
Date:  Sat, 11 May 2002 19:09:27 -0400

I agree with Joanna.

    I have found that a secret ballot is the only way to get most people to
vote their conscience.  Besides, public voting (or even a dynamic tally)
influences the vote.  When you can see what others have voted, your
judgement will be influenced.  This is readily seen in the US election
process, where East Coast votes are counted and made public before the West
Coast polls are closed.  We have a global membership to consider, and many
voters will be sleeping while others are voting.  A secret ballot, with
results released after the poll has closed, but with full details available
to everyone, is the only way to go.

Ron Sherwood