Re: [atlarge-discuss] online voting

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joop Teernstra" <terastra@terabytz.co.nz>
> >Knowing who votes how does allow one to understand better what is going
on,
> >such as seeking how different regions or other groups vote.    Jamie
>
> This is exactly why it is so popular with totalitarians.

    One could also design a vote mechanism so that you care get data on
voters, anonymousized however you like it.  For example, you could have data
on votes in every country with 10 or more voters.  I think it is useful to
know if thers are significant differences between countries or regions.
If how an individual votes is private, I don't see the problem in terms of
freedom.   Even in free private ballots, you get the precinct vote public.
That also helds identify fraud.

 Jamie