Re: [atlarge-discuss] Membership Lists, Thomas Roessler, distance from ICANN

Vittorio and all stakeholders or interested parties,

  Actually none of this is necessary.  Majordomo is a free download
and could be fairly easily installed on ICANNATLARGE.COM's
servers and than set up...  No cost except available disk space
and server capacity...

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> On Sun, 12 May 2002 00:03:06 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >I'd like to re-assert that I think details of membership lists should
> >be limited to the elected panel, and only extended to our webmaster
> >or mailing-list administrator if we feel sure that they maintain a real
> >distance from ICANN, a corrupt organisation which in my view
> >cannot be trusted at all.
>
> However who has access to the web site or the list server also has
> access to the list. There's no way you can avoid this.
>
> >My request for advice centres around this: Is he too close in function
> >or sympathies to ICANN for him to act as guardian of our membership
> >lists and mailing lists without compromise?
>
> If we found another third party which is completely unrelated to ICANN
> and that would host our mailing lists for free, I would have no
> objections to move them there, or even, I think it would be better for
> us. However, up to now I couldn't see any third party available - so
> for example if we moved those lists to my server, I could be accused
> of capture, or if we moved those lists to Jamie's server, we would be
> asked whether he can be trusted as independent too.
>
> I wonder whether we should move our mailing lists to yahoogroups
> (however I think there would be concerns of potential business
> exploitation and privacy lack in this case...). So I really don't know
> what to do. Eventually, Thomas has really helped us and lists work
> great, and I think this is enough for the moment; if anyone has other
> options that can be considered safer, please bring them up.
>
> And by the way: as I already told to some people, I will personally
> support Alexander Svensson's more moderate motion on the GA list, and
> I hope this won't get me accused of "betrayal". However I am doing
> this as individual: I really do NOT want the GA flame to burn
> icannatlarge.com too, and I personally ask all of you to be careful
> not to make this happen.
>
> I think it is great to see that people on both sides of this quarrel
> are represented in our panel, as a proof of openness; however I know
> there are many public and private talks of "dark sides", cheats,
> bribing, blackmailing etc. But no one can build anything on mistrust,
> so we need to trust each other and work for an agreement, even when we
> have very different ideas.
> --
> .oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.
> Vittorio Bertola     <vb@vitaminic.net>    Ph. +39 011 23381220
> Vitaminic [The Music Evolution] - Vice President for Technology
>
> DISCLAIMER, PLEASE NOTE: This communication is intended only for use by the
> addressee. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
> Transmission, distribution and/or copy cannot be permitted. Please notify
> immediately the sender by replying if you are not the intended recipient.

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827