Re: [atlarge-discuss] online voting

On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 16:00, Eray Ozkural wrote:

> Last time the debian organization (www.debian.org) used a quite satisfactory
> election system. It may be worthwhile.

I wish they would package the software tabulation software (probably
some Perl scripts) they use. If I understand the procedure correctly:

Every Debian developer has:
1) an @debian.org address
2) an OpenPGP key

For the voting process:
1) The Project Secretary emails out a ballot
http://www.debian.org/vote/howto_vote

2) Each developer PGP signs the mail and sends it to the proper address
3) Software tabulates the votes according to the Constitution
4) Project Secretary certifies the results

-sw

This is a digitally signed message part