Re: [atlarge-discuss] bylaws

On 11:27 p.m. 20/05/2002 -0400, James Love said:
>Are there people on this list who have suggestions regarding the bylaws, or
>who want to participate in a committee working on the bylaws?  Jamie

<Raises hand>
I have already put up a number of starting point suggestions in the Forum.
http://www.icannatlarge.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

The most important suggestion I have to make at this stage is, after we
have consensus on the mission Statement, that we focus next on the creation
of a series of meta-Articles that outline the (democratic) rights and
duties of the members.
These articles will then govern the interpretation of more detailed
articles dealing with motions, candidates, officers, committees, polling,
chair roles, etc.
This will help to shorten the inevitable later sqabbles about Charter
interpretation.

(like: Right to Nominate, Right to Vote, Right to Motion, Duty to pay
membership dues, etc.)

Since you seem to favour a separation between Charter and Bylaws, what part
of the rough outline on the website do you want for the Charter and what
for the Bylaws?

Should I make a separate Heading and description?

--Joop