[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [atlarge-discuss] Members' rights
- To: "Joop Teernstra" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] Members' rights
- From: "James Love" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 11:52:30 -0400
- Cc: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- List-Help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joop Teernstra" <email@example.com>
To: "James Love" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 5:57 AM
Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] Members' rights
: At 03:38 a.m. 21/05/2002 -0400, James Love wrote:
: >----- Original Message -----
: >From: "Joop Teernstra" <email@example.com>
: >: 2. Members must not work against their organization.
: >: 2.a. Expulsion rules
: > What is this about? What does it mean, "members must not work
: >their organization"?
: This is a proposed attempt to protect the organization against "members'
: who actively engage in undermining the organization, e.g. by questioning
: its *agreed* purpose, by bad-mouthing *the organization* in other fora,
: discouraging all and sundry to stand for office, etc.
: I think there is logic in asking that members support the organization
: want to belong to , either financially or in deeds.
: An organization as open as what is proposed here needs some kind of
: protection against individuals who want to destroy it.
I oppose this provision for an at large. It has to be open to everyone,
including those with unpopular views. I don't want to be put in a possition
to taking away voting rights from someone who disagrees with the group's
leadership. Let's nix this provision. Jamie
To unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional commands, e-mail: email@example.com