[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [atlarge-discuss] Members' rights
- To: Jeff Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Joop Teernstra <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] Members' rights
- From: Eray Ozkural <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 13:19:09 +0300
- Cc: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-Reply-To: <3CEB0C31.403EDA71@ix.netcom.com>
- List-Help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Bilkent University CS Dept.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <3CEB0C31.403EDA71@ix.netcom.com>
- User-Agent: KMail/1.4.5
On Wednesday 22 May 2002 06:10, Jeff Williams wrote:
> Joop and all stakeholders or interested parties,
> > I only wish to start off the discussion on members' rights by suggesting
> > a few broad meta-articles. The rest of the Charter must fill out the
> > details.
> I didn't see anything in your original post on this thread regarding
> members rights at all. I still don't. Could you please point them out
> Joop? What I do see is some ideas/comments as to what members
> will be restricted in doing or expressing... That I find to be
> yet another form of CENSORSHIP. And that is fundamentally
Any sort of constitution must clearly indicate a set of inalienable rights.
I suggest starting with a condition of equality to prevent a group of
'powerful' individuals from exerting their influence upon others and an
unconditional freedom of speech. Paid or not.
An at large organization, as opposed to a tyranny, must be open to dissent as
the system is based on the premise of change.
I have no knowledge of an open and democratic society on Internet, therefore I
conceive that establishing one cannot be through imitation.
Eray Ozkural (exa) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara
www: http://www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/~erayo Malfunction: http://mp3.com/ariza
GPG public key fingerprint: 360C 852F 88B0 A745 F31B EA0F 7C07 AE16 874D 539C
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org