From: "DPF" <david@farrar.com>
To: "Richard Henderson" <richardhenderson@ntlworld.com>
Cc: "James Love" <james.love@cptech.org>; "atlarge discuss list"
<atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de>
Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2002 8:19 PM
Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] role of voting

On Sun, 26 May 2002 04:47:25 +0100, "Richard Henderson"
<richardhenderson@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>I repeat the anxieties I have previously expressed, as to whether Thomas
>is the right person to administer our lists, when he seems to me to have
>shown
>partisanship and a certain degree of obstructive behaviour over the GA
>motion
>on the re-bid. I'm not saying he isn't a person of principle (I've received
>some
>warm affirmations of him as a person) but he seems to me to be out of
>sympathy with the majority view of people at the GA, and I just don't see
>him as sufficiently hostile to ICANN's establishment. He doesn't want a
>re-bid.

To be fair to Thomas I think his position is more that he didn't want
the GA to be seen to be supporting a rebid as it would lessen any
influence the GA could have on the internal reform process.

I am not sure whether that necessarily means that Thomas would oppose
a rebid if there was a suitable rival contender.  He is not a defender
of what ICANN is doing - he just has a different view on whether
internal or external pressure at this point in time is most likely to
succeed.

I support Thomas continuing in his role as list administrator.  He has
done nothing wrong in that role.

DPF

--
david@farrar.com