Re: [atlarge-discuss] subscribers on discuss list

On 2002-05-29 15:48:38 +1200, Joop Teernstra wrote:

>Ay, Joanna, you are right. I should not have put it that way.  But
>I got upset from being given the runaround. And I am asking for
>any member to come forward as alternative list-master volunteer if
>this list doesn't get open soon.

It's neither my nor your business to decide whether or not the
subscriber list _should_ be open for the public.

Note, however, that this discussion is idle anyway: Checking the
manual (which I admittedly didn't do before on this), one notes that
ezmlm (the list management software used) just does not support the
open "who" feature.  The subscribers' list is _at_ _most_ available
to remote administrators (which is the case with this list), for
privacy reasons.

Working around this technical limitation is easy, since Vittorio and
(if I recall this correctly) Izumi have remote administrator access
to the list, so they can easily check the subscribers' list, and
even make it available upon request.

--
Thomas Roessler                        <roessler@does-not-exist.org>