Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: Thomas Roessler proposes elimination of current voting system for GA

Thomas and all stakeholders or interested parties,

Thomas Roessler wrote:

> On 2002-05-30 10:25:47 -0400, James Love wrote:
>
> >For the GA, Thomas Roessler wants to get rid of secrete vote on
> >policy issues, and the elimination of the current voting system
> >for resolutions.
>
> How's the fact that I have made that proposal relevant to this list?

  I am very surprised you could even ask this question Thomas.
The answer is VERY simple.  That is that some members of this
list, as you know are also DNSO GA voting members, and that
improving communications between groups should be encouraged
so as to improve communications of issues that may effect
others that are not on the DNSO GA list or are voting members
in the DNSO GA.

> I'd suppose that you folks should really have more important things
> to discuss than what I say on the GA list.
>
> Anyway, let me just note that the main argument I make DOES NOT
> APPLY to an at-large membership organization like the one you are
> trying to build at icannatlarge.com.

  Your fundamentally wrong here Thomas.  It DOES APPLY to
any and all stakeholders/users, regardless of their stature or
class of participation in many instances...

> After all, the very
> construction principle of an at-large membership is to form a group
> of individuals - with no further structure.

  ?????  Your kidding right?  I hope you are here, Thomas.
Perhaps further structure is necessary, and perhaps not.  But
that has yet to be actually determined.  So unless this is just
as suggestion I would recommend that you recant this thought
at least, from your mind...

> (Apart of that, it's none of my business what kind of process you
> folks use for statements on ICANN policy.)

  Well this is of course your prerogative, but it is unfortunate that
you take that view IMHO...  Your input on process with
the ICANNATLARGE.COM effort I hope and believe is
desired, regardless if anyone agrees or disagrees with it...

> --
> Thomas Roessler                        <roessler@does-not-exist.org>

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827