Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] Joe Sims repsonds to criticism of Reform document

David you are wrong. ICANN is in and of itself a critically political
organization and the reason it is so screwed up is because the techies-only
crowd wants to shutdown the political issues in favor of their vision of a
one-world mindeset. Unfortunately the only way they know how to do that is
to prevent anyone else's ideas or solutions from being talked about or
advanced.

The net-net is that the Management of the Internet is screwed up today
because too many people believed the starry eyed techies when they got up
and preached one world, one way, their way...

The problem is that we are not one world today and wont be even tomorrow.
That's farther off still and until such times there are social and political
issues that MUST be factored into running this Internet. You may not like
this but until you, or anyone else in your camp can write the whole check
that's just the way it is.

With that said. It is critically important that we get a grip on what ICANN
is. A set of policies and processes for running a set of universal network
and name resolution services. The policies to date implement a management
board for running ICANN and we are finding that most of us are dissatisfied
with the events of late and where ICANN is, or is not going with itself.

Because of this, I think that ICANN does need politics, it also needs a
political process. And anyone's attempt to keep the people from managing
their IP's is in serious hot water.

Just my two cents.

Todd Glassey