[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[atlarge-discuss] Request for Urgent Decisions
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [atlarge-discuss] Request for Urgent Decisions
- From: "Richard Henderson" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 19:32:19 +0100
- Cc: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- List-Help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
The next icannatlarge.com elections are supposed to take place by July 27th (as that is the expiry of the current panel's mandate).
If you work backwards from that, and allow a month for nominations, statements, discussion and voting, then you would be saying that the election process should commence by June 27th.
The implication of these dates is that we have 25 days to propose election procedure, allow time for the membership to express their views, agree on final election procedure (including any regional dimensions), arrange the body that will carry out/monitor the election, and put the election into action.
All this needs accomplishing - quite apart from our work on other bylaws, agreement on mission statement, and confirmation of the organisation's name.
At the same time, the vital issue of outreach policy and action needs urgent attention.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I would like to ask each member of our panel these questions:
(a) Do you agree that an election should take place by July 27th?
(b) If not, how do you propose the panel should proceed, given that it's mandate is due to run out?
(c) What action plan should be set in place and what timescales introduced?
My friends, we have just over 3 weeks to start the election off.
Your views please?