Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] Joe Sims repsonds to criticism of Reformdocument

At 01:00 PM 6/2/2002 -0700, eric@hi-tek.com wrote:
>As I just checked you do not know anything about representative sampling or
>representative results.

The degrees in psychology and communications included multiple courses and
projects in statistics and research methodology.

The practical aspects of sampling concerns is covered in methodology course
work, far more than regular stat courses.

d/

ps.  Regular marketing coursework does not cover statistics or
methodology.  (Along with other ways that I know this, my wife teaches
marketing.)  For competent work in the survey arena, there are a few, very
specialized programs in the country for teaching survey research.  Survey
research borders on qualifying as a black art.  When surveys are performed
by someone who has not taken such course work, they usually perform it
incorrectly.