From: <DannyYounger@cs.com>
To: <ga@dnso.org>
Cc: <atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de>; <discuss@icann-ncc.org>
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 11:56 AM
Subject: [atlarge-discuss] Trashing Our Founding Principles

: The Palace Coup d'Etat Committee has presented us with a plan that
: permanently disenfranchises the at-large membership, eliminates all
: elections, and creates a self-perpetuating regime accountable to no one.
We
: will now "evolve" from a democratic representative model to control by an
: oligarchy of technocrats.
:
: This is not evolution, it is the repudiation of our founding principles.
: This ICANN Board has forfeited our trust.
:
: I call on all those that support the at-large initiative to set aside
: whatever mundane tasks that currently occupy their time, and to
immediately
: draft a letter to the Department of Commerce to call for a return to the
: founding agreements of 1998.  We should settle for nothing less than ICANN
as
: a true membership organization with the membership electing their own
: leadership and Board.
:
:
: For additional commands, e-mail: atlarge-discuss-help@lists.fitug.de