Re: [atlarge-discuss] Comments Invited on Election Details

James Love wrote:

> I don't see any compelling reason to put off the election.  A more permanent
> panel will have an easier time doing some of the items that take more time.
> Plus, the incumbent members can be judged by their contributions so far.

To be frank Jamie, I don't think you're in a position to point any fingers...

To date, I have drafted and revised a proposed Mission Statement (which was
hardly even discussed and has since been dismissed out of hand somehow); I have
offered to attempt a webstream broadcast of any meetings of this organization; I
suggested the Panel use Paltalk for teleconference purposes (and because _one_
of us is running Linux this idea was dashed); I have submitted a Summary of
Tasks for this Panel; I've tried to steer the Chair to organize a by-laws
working group by identifying and listing those members who are interested in
participating (no response from the Chair); I have created a new look masthead
banner for the organization along with outreach banners (and received minimal
feedback from both the panel and the members, thank you very much!); I have
offered and been confirmed to act as liaison with the ALOC; and I have
participated in every panel vote and discussion to date (what little there has
been).  Now, I am _seriously_ disappointed with the apparent dragging of heels
by my fellow panel members!  I am starting to get more than a little upset.  I
am wondering why anyone would run for election in this organization only to do
next to nothing when elected.  Perhaps my fellow panel members can explain their
lack of activity so that I (and others) can better understand what it is some of
us are doing here exactly.

Most Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos