Re: [atlarge-discuss] Denise's commments on DoC, Congress and ICANN

Well these comments are very funny.

Congress cannot do anything about ICANN.  They can slash budgets for the DoC or
make recommendations.  But the DoC is administrative and falls under the
jurisdiction of the President of the US.
Departments in the US are headed by Secretaries and congress has no direct
authority over them except budget.

With that said it is just this kind of commenting that gets up ire and will give
the power players a reason to execute it behind closed doors.  Pulling at the tale
of a tiger is not wise.

Eric