Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] elections

ICANN itself will not tolerate an at large election process.   Some members
of the panel are willing to endorse this as progress, others may feel it a
cynical and manipulative effort to undermine the legitamcy of elections, and
they may want to build up a system for elections, and push to be recognized
in some way.

Jamie

Izumi AIZU wrote:
> Correct me if I am wrong. I don't know out of 6 members remaining on the
> panel
> who is endorsing the elimination of elections.
>
> I suggested after your resignation to achieve both, bylaws preparation AND
> election by the original deadline of July 24. There was a discussion yes
> here to consider the extension of deadline into before Shanghai, but that
> was not agreed by anyone.
>
> In fact Vittorio Wolfgang and myself discussed this lunch time to
> proceed the election and bylaws mandate be done by the original
> deadline and that is why I think it is better to ask YJ to join
> the interim panel unless Jamie comes back to work together
> which is more than welcome.
>
> So, please Jamie, do not vend the fact but make it straight
> to achieve common goal. But I think we need more resources to
> make a successful election, rather than criticizing each other on
> the list.
>
> izumi
>

> At 10:31 02/06/27 -0400, James Love wrote:
>
>   Given the fact that some members of the current "temporary" board are
> now endorsing the elimination of elections, and will be going to
> Shanghi, I think it is important to test their support in an election.
>
>>    Jamie

------
James Love, Consumer Project on Technology
http://www.cptech.org, mailto:love@cptech.org
voice: 1.202.387.8030; mobile 1.202.361.3040