[atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] elections

Izumi AIZU wrote:

> I note and agree the urgency of elections, and that is why we need extra
> people to help
> implement election and that is the reason I support the addition of new one
> on this
> panel after Jamie's resignation. Given the amount of work including raising
> awareness
> and outreach, in addition to preparing mission statement, bylaws, technical
> arrangements
> of voting mechanism, web-site managemet.... with very little supply of
> human resources.

The only thing this panel needs to do now is execute the election for our
replacements.  All the other tasks you mention above will be left to the next
panel.  You should have started doing some work on those matters before now Izumi.
As it stands, I don't think something rushed a la ICANN-style is going to suffice
for our needs.  Hence, I disagree with you completely on where our priorities ought
to lie..

You had your chance and did nothing until now (60 days of nothing!).

Frankly, I think _you_ ought to be resigning and not Jamie.  At this juncture, I am
completely against this panel doing anything beyond organizing and executing the
next panel election.

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos