[atlarge-discuss] Inside or outside?

I know that I've been following ICANN for a very short time and that I
don't have any sort of political (or whatever is ned) skill. I also know
that ICANN's behaviour with At-Large since today hasn't created any sort
of faith in their "openings" toward it.
Reading this ML I've seen that a lot of people believe that we could
have serious chances of reaching some goals working out, completely, of
ICANN.
Now, two opinions (or maybe two questions...): would it be fair to get
up now and walk away, after being born within ICANN and having just
partecipated in the Bucharest meeting, asking for more attention to At
Large and, at least, having the ALAC idea launched? I think that if we
want to work as whole outsiders of ICANN we should re-build everything,
changing our name...we cannot simple say goodbye and continue being the
At Large, which was created by ICANN.
Even being completely independent it's clear that we should, in the
future, have contacts with ICANN, since we'll work and have aims in the
same area. For this reason I believe that having a complete disruption
with ICANN now will simply throw away all our possibilities to be
effective. That's also why I would suggest to get our hands dirty, close
our noses and try to do our best, within ICANN. As I said before, it's
better to have at least one small opportunity than none.

bye,
Elena.