RE: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] elections

Joanna Lane wrote:

> . . . I suggest a slight flexibility/redundancy is added to the election
>process in the form of the election of an organization that can, from the
>outset, accommodate a working structure for two separate and distinct
functions

This dovetails nicely with what I was saying, but is is more well-thought
out!

I do agree with Joanna that we need to elect a body of people to formally
represent us to the ALAC, as well as organization officers, and should vote
for them concurrently, in the same election.  However, under the well-worn
management principle of "one job, one boss," the committee working on the
ALAC effort should be subservient to our elected officers.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
Bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info