Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] elections

I believe this is a very important point you've made, Bruce.

Any representatives working within the ALAC framework should definitely
be subordinate to a central group of elected officers for our organisation.

There should be ONE central executive, and that executive should have the
mandate
to "hire" and "fire" its ALAC representatives.

Therefore, I am personally opposed to specific elections of a group of
people
to represent us in ALAC. What if this "ICANN-inside" group (or one of them)
started to act at odds with the wishes of our central executive?

No - the membership should vote for ONE group : its central executive, and
should
entrust that executive with choosing our representatives at ALAC (just as we
do now).
Alternatively, if it's felt our membership should select the ALAC
participants directly,
then the central executive should definitely have the power to "hire and
fire" its
representatives in ALAC, otherwise you have a recipe for chaos and division.

Our representatives in ALAC really MUST be subordinate to the main elected
executive of our organisation.

Richard Henderson