[atlarge-discuss] Eligibility & Watchdogs

1. ELIGIBILITY
Eligibility is determined by whether or not your name appears on the Member
List at IcannAtLarge.com. If your name does not appear there, you are not
eligible to vote.

The normal cut-off date is the date when the Election has commenced. The
Election is deemed to have commenced when the Announcement message goes out
to invite Nominations, hence if the Announcement goes out July 1st, the
Voting Register is closed on July 1st.

2. WATCHDOGS
There would normally be at least 2 Watchdogs who would be members in good
standing of the IcannAtLarge.com organization at the time of the Election,
and obviously, not standing as Candidates.
Members to the DNSO Watchdog Committee in 2002 were as follows:

Roberto Gaetano
Harald Alvestrand
Kent Crispin
Dany Vandromme
Izumi Aizu
Joanna Lane

With the exception of Izumi, who would be ineligible if he were to stood
again for Election, I do not think any of these individuals are members of
IcannAtlarge.com. On a personal note, I would add that I do not think it is
appropriate for ICANN Staff to act as Watchdogs, regardless of whether or
not they are members of AtLarge.com, since it represents a Conflict of
Interest, which effectively eliminates Kent Crispin.

The panel may like to consider asking these or other individuals with
experience of online voting administration procedures for help, such as
Alexander Svennsson, Jefsey Morfin, Danny Younger and Joop Teernstra.

Regards,
Joanna