Re: [atlarge-discuss] Debate

Joop and all stakeholders of interested parties,

  What are the "Proper Mechanisms" to which you are waiting for
Joop?  Why do any mechanisms for a Domain Name in this case
ICANNATLARGE.COM, to be transferred need to be in place
or exist?

  If you are wanting to resign as Webmaster just do so publicly
here and be done with it.  If not, than I can only read your comments
divisive.

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 03:50 1/07/02, Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:
>
> >Joop Teernstra wrote:

> > > Anyone who speaks about "wresting control" considers himself stymied by the
> > > demands of democracy.
> > > Control needs to be distributed in order to prevent anyone   shouting TRUST
> > > ME from hijacking it.
> >
> >Is that why you never provided the passwords and ftp user info for the web
> >site to
> >our Interim Panel?  Especially _after_ our Panel requested you do so?  Let me
> >understand you here, Joop... In your vision of democracy, I suppose your
> >elected
> >representatives are there just for you to ignore whenever it's an issue of
> >CONTROL?
>
> In my vision of democracy, it needs at least a quorum of the supervisory
> panel to deal with vital issues of control.
> I have not seen 5 Panel members voting. If they have, my apologies and I
> await orders from your Chair.
>
> But you can have my resignation as interim webmaster at any time.
> Bret Fausett  can set new passwords and lock me out  as he sees fit.  He's
> now in "control".
> The domain name can be transferred to whatever legal entity will be created
> for the AtLarge.com community.
>
> I am trying to distribute control until proper mechanisms are in place.
> You backbiting is not helpful for recruiting volunteers to help organize
> the At Large.
>
> -joop

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827