Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] elections

Bruce and all stakeholders of interested parties,

Bruce Young wrote:

> todd glassey wrote:
>
> >ICANN should have relatively little to say in how this group operates
> >itself.
>
> It can say all it wants! :)  It will just have zero authority to mandate
> anything our membership doesn't endorse by vote!
>
> >And if it refuese to accept the AT Large Membership I suggest that suing
> ICANN is the smartest thing we can do then.
>
> Hmmm.  I'm not a lawyer, but we have members that are.  Any of you out there
> want to comment on our chances under California corporate law to force the
> ICANN board to comply with their original mandate to provide for elections?

  I will say, that our [INEGroup] legal folks have looked into this and
find that it is possible if there is/are complainants that have a stake,
such as a stakeholder, that is really willing to stand by a filed complaint
of this nature.  So far, none have been willing to do so.  However
as Karl's suit is still pending a hearing, it is perhaps premature
at this juncture as well...

> Bruce Young
> Portland, Oregon
> Bruce@barelyadequate.info
> http://www.barelyadequate.info

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827