Re: [atlarge-discuss] Regions

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:07:46 EDT, you wrote:

>Question for the current panel:  At-Large elections have up until now been
>held on a regional basis, with each region selecting the best possible
>director to represent their interests on the Board.
>
>Why aren't we conducting these elections in the same manner so that diversity
>is protected?

As Jamie already pointed out in more detail, we want to leave the choice of
the practical solution to that problem to the final Bylaws. However, each
member can vote for up to eleven names, thus I think that each member should
try to build his/her own mix of people, varied in geographical but also
social and other terms, so to meet the need for diversity under all aspects.
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
--------> http://bertola.eu.org/ - Archivio FAQ e molto altro... <--------