RE: [atlarge-discuss] My choices for a leadership team

Since, getting behind on personal mail seems to be the norm these days,
rather than the exception, this message is a general resonse to this thread:

I agree with Vittorio that the *end reseult*, i.e. who we vote on the board,
should equally represent all the world's regions.  However, like Danny, my
list of nominations was composed primarily of Americans and Europeans.  In
my case, I chose people with whom I've had long-term exchanges in this forum
and its predecessor hosted by the ALSC.  However, I challenge *everyone*
lurking in this forum: if you are a member, now is the time to be heard (if
not, it's time to join!), so please post your nominations for people you
want to see in charge of this organization!  Particularly, if you are from
Asia, Africa or South America, we need voices on our board that reflect
*your* cultural imperatives, and the only way we''ll get them is if you
nominate them!  Remember, this is a *user* forum, so they need not be -- and
likely shouldn't be! -- your local Internet gurus.  Rather, we need people
with a proven track record of making things happen, and keeping
organizations running.

Once the candidate lists are posted, I also call on all members to take the
time to read each candidate's position paper.  Then vote for he best
candidates regardless of nationality.  Izumi isn't the only one who will be
disappointed if the board is not geographically diverse!

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info