[atlarge-discuss] Re: [ga] icannatlarge.com (not at-large.org) STATUS: NOMINATIONS AND SECONDS

Joe and all assembly members,

  Thank you Joe for again chiming in.  (More below Joe's comments)

Joe Baptista wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, James Love wrote:
>
> > It is ironic that an organization such as ICANN that was created to protect
> > trademark owners from passing off activities on domain names, is resorting
> > to this type of name confusion in the at-large area.   But it is working,
> > and they they done a good job of marginalizing the democratic at-large
> > organizing effort that they wanted to cripple.
>
> so ??? your surprised ??? it's the Esther and Denise show - an icann
> sponsored theatrical event.  for years i've made it clear esther is an
> evil icann sponsored tour d'force - dirty tricks are not the exception - i
> have always expected them as the norm - and anyone who's been following
> this ship of fools has known it's been rotten for years.

  Although you language is rather harsh here Joe, I cannot find
fault in the gist of it.

> so ??? your surprised ???

  No, not really...  But disgusted none the less...  :(

> i'm surprised if your surprised.  you've been here doing the icann tango
> for a few years - at least two right?  i think by now you should know that
> those incontrol of icann are dirty of deed.  they always lie and deceive
> the people they deal with - while people like you participate in this
> icann sponsored consensus building which the icann hoard never listens too
> but the consensus is then used to rationalize their existence.

  Yes it some what reminds me of the old movie "The Flim-Flam Man"...

> they call it an open bottom up process.

  It does seem in many respects that there are a number of the
ICANN BOD and staff that don't know the difference between
top from bottom...  Or just don't give a dam..

> i've called it nonsense from the begginning and most of what i see here is
> more nonsense.  meanwhile fraud - litteraly sponsored by this nonsense -
> remember - icann duplicated a tld.  .biz is useless legally speaking - so
> is .info - and abuse of existing namespace continues
>
> http://www.dot-god.com/communications/TLD_Networks_Ltd/public_announcement.html
>
> much of that abuse ends up the consumers have to pay = and pay and pay
>
> http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2002/03/tld.htm
>
> http://www.oft.gov.uk/News/Press+releases/Consumer+alerts/01+02.htm
>
> namespace expansion is a happening reality - and people like you who are
> hip to consumer needs are wasting your time stating the obvious.  you are
> a pioneer - i'll give you that much - but only in meat space - in
> namespace your a primitive.
>
> regards
> joe
>
> www.dot-god.com
>
> --

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827