Re: [atlarge-discuss] Nominee's info?

Vittorio

I would prefer a collection of statements to actually go out with the ballot
papers. Providing they are at the foot of the message (with a reference to
them at the top) they won't get in the way and they will help voters recall
relevant points.

You mention a collection of statements being mailed out earlier, and these
should be longer. Well I see no reason why extended statements can't be sent
out (providing you mean to the entire membership and not just the discuss
mailing list) and this would only add to the democratic process.

However, a brief simple statement from each candidate on the actual ballot
paper would be helpful, and you can add a LINK to the more detailed
statements on our website.

This proposal of Joanna's has been supported by Bruce Young and Jefsey
Morfin, and I back it myself.

Please may we either adopt it, or take a panel vote on it? Please could we
initiate this today?

I favour giving as much information to voters as possible.

Thank you

Richard Henderson