Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: Call for New Webmaster, ICANNatlarge voting reminder

Joop and all stakeholders or other interested parties,

  I frankly don't see and did not see anything bad or wrong with
the announce list posting you made Joop...

  I think, but I don't know for sure that Jamies concern is one
of access vs non-access and whether such announcements
should be made before or without the approval of the Panel.

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 01:13 p.m. 31/07/2002 -0400, James Love wrote:
> >Joop,
> >
> >1.  do you have some special right to mail directly to the membership that
> >no one else has?
>
> Not a special right, a special duty, now there is nobody else to make this
> necessary posting. Do you have an issue with the content?
>
> >2.  What is news@icannatlarge.com ?
>
> An updated Icannatlarge announce list to which the Chair of the new Panel
> will get the key. The new webmaster will have to keep this list updated.
>
> >3.   Do you intent to choose your own replacement, or will you allow the
> >elected panel to do this?
>
> The elected Panel  must bear the responsibility , or they can let the whole
> membership endorse their choice.
> Please note that I am asking volunteers to  publicly  post their
> application so that there will be no back room deals. Is that perhaps what
> upsets you and Sotiris?
>
> With regards to my involvement in the handover: I think friendly
> cooperation between the out-going and incoming webmaster and a smooth
> transition is in the icannatlarge's best interest.
>
> --Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
>    initial webmaster
> www.icannatlarge.com
> Sign up and spread the word.

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827