Re: [atlarge-discuss] Please could Neulevel respond re: unexplained "unlocking" of names under investigation

Eric and all stakeholders or other interested parties,

  Yes Sen. McCain is as solid as you can find as well as very knowledgable
regarding IT...

  He is also well known to have some serious misgivings regarding
ICANN...

  Contact infor for Sen McCain is as follows:
 Phone # (202) 224-2235
 Fax # (202) 228-2862
 TDD # (202) 224-7132
E-mail address:
John_McCain@McCain.senate.gov

eric@hi-tek.com wrote:

> This is most disturbing and requires our full attention.  I have family
> and friends in Arizona, where we have a long history of fat cats taking
> advantage of the system.  There have been many insurance and savings and
> loan problems hatch out of Tempe, the home of ASU.  Senator John McCain
> hails from this district;
> http://www.senate.gov/~mccain/  and he is as solid as they get.  I
> assume that now brought to his attention he will make it right.
>
> Sincerely,
> Eric
>
> Richard Henderson wrote:
>
> > HelpThere has been no response from Jeff Neuman on the "unlocked" names of Cass Foster. An explanation is clearly in order and I'm about to re-send this mail to Jeff himself, Vint Cerf, Stuart Lynn, Dan Halloran, Nancy Victory et al:
> >
> > I've been waiting patiently for a reply since 18th July. The Internet public has a right to know how .biz names are being distributed and whether names are being locked/unlocked in an arbitrary or a rational manner. The case of the Cass Foster names has been given NO explanation as yet by Jeff Neuman. Come on Jeff! You're more open and accountable than Hal Lubsen or Dan Halloran aren't you?!

> > Dear Mr Neuman
> >
> > I wonder if I could ask you to intervene in the case of Cass Foster and Ian Weiss (and C. Finkelstein) and their .biz2B registrations. I drew your attention to this two weeks ago and I now have further information, but have had no reply from you.
> >
> > Neulevel "locked" the .biz2B registrations of Cass Foster (who also featured prominently in the .info Sunrise affair) and three weeks ago these names appeared in the WHOIS again with different registrant details and "unlocked".
> >
> > If you look up the WHOIS for any of the names below (see foot of e-mail), you will see that in the .biz2B, all these names were registered through R&K Global 000Domains.
> >
> > About 3 weeks ago when Cass Foster's name disappeared from them, it seems the public did not get a chance to obtain them, because somehow, every single one was transferred through the same registrar, to 2 new mass-applicants, Ian Weiss and C. Finkelstein. Stranger still, these names HAD been locked on the same day as all the other ones you had locked in early April. Now suddenly, they were all unlocked again.
> >
> > The DNS is supposed to be a worldwide resource, available to the entire internet public? What happened in this case? The names seem to have been simply re-named in the names of friends, and Neulevel or the registrar seem to have said "That's good enough for us" and the names have all been unlocked. Who authorised these names to be unlocked?
> >
> > I have been tracking these particular names since the second week in April. Could you explain what happened, Mr Neuman?

> [...]

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827