RE: [atlarge-discuss] tone of debate...

Hans Klein wrote:

>Rude and aggressive language usually just hurts the person making the
>comments as well as the forum in which it is issued.

Rude language: I ageee.  We shouldn't resort to personal attacks.  Comments
should be focused on other members' comments or actions, not the member.

Aggressive language:  I don't necessarily agree here.  Depending upon the
particular addressee, particularly ICANN-ites, aggressive language is wholly
appropriate. These people have been jerking us around for years, and a bit
of righteous anger, properly expressed, is not only appropriate but
necessary.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
bruce@barelyadequate.info