RE: [atlarge-discuss] Re: Call for New Webmaster, ICANNatlarge voting reminder

A general response to this thread:

If, as I interpret Joop's remarks, his sole intent was to do the ground work
of collecting names for possible successors, which he could pass to the new
panel to speed the replacement process, then I'm fine with that (even though
polite observance of protocol would dictate he first get the interim panel's
blessing, before broadcasting to the group, but that's not a critical
issue!).  I'd even be fine if he passed the new panel his non-binding
suggestion of who from among the applicants he might prefer and why, and
would accept it if the panel ran with his recommendation.  But I'd have a
*real* problem with him arbitrarily appointed his replacement (although I
don't believe that was his intent!).

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
bruce@barelyadequate.info