Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: Judyth's comments on scale and legitimacy

Bruce and all stakeholders or other interested parties,

Bruce Young wrote:

> Sorry for the volume of posts today.  I tried posting a pile of messages
> last night, but they never went through!  I'm reposting them, plus more
> written today!  This should get me up to date (now, the task is to stay
> caught up!).
>
> Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> >There doesn't seem to be any reason for any new panel to "Get Going"
> >for outreach to be done.  Each and every member should be doing
> >something for outreach ALL the time.
>
> As I think I mentioned before, journalists I've contacted are not willing to
> publicize our cause until we are organized.  We don't even have a name yet

This is a problem yes..  However for now our name is ICANNATLARGE.COM
for whatever that is worth...  I agree it is not all that marketable easily, but

doable...

  None the less Bruce, there is nothing stopping each and every member
to do some gum-shoe and door knocking work to garner new members,
AND funding...

> Once we have a name, and official status on some country's records as a
> non-profit organization, we'll be taken more seriuosly by the press.

  The IETF for instance is not a non-profit corp. and gets it's share of
good and bad press...  The need for being a non-profit corp. is certainly
not necessary or even advisable perhaps for ICANNATLARGE.COM
as an organization.  We could constitute ourselves as a Trust or as
a Association...

> And we
> need the press's assistance if we're going to get the word out.

  This would e very helpful indeed.  But with 900+ members already,
we should be able to grow our membership at least 10 fold without
any press at all...

> This doesn't mean each of us shouldn't be spamming our personal e-mail
> lists, becauase we should!

  I am not in favor of spamming in any form...

>  But one two-minute spot on the BBC or ABC News
> will probably garner more names faster than any other method I could
> imagine!

  I disagree here.  Rather the old grapevine method and good door to
door knocking has been a tried and true method that beats press
exposure by far!

> Bruce Young
> Portland, Oregon
> Bruce@barelyadequate.info
> http://www.barelyadequate.info

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827