[atlarge-discuss] Re: [ga] no surprises here

On 20 Aug 2002, at 10:51, Judith Oppenheimer wrote:

> http://www.icannwatch.org/article.php?sid=904&mode=&order=0
> http://www.lextext.com/icann/2002/08/19.html#a677
>
> ICANNBlog notes that "the Staff Report recommended a winner, rather than
> simply handing the raw data to the Board."
>
> So what else is new.

Nothing.  ISOC and ICANN are perfect bedfellows.  They both
disenfranchised individuals in favor of corporate entities.  They both
funnel money to pet or influential entites.  It's not even a show any
more.  Next they will disenfranchise individual .org registrants unless
registered by a bone fide registered non-profit and totally cut off
individuals who have current registrations and ICANN will do nothing to
prevent or stop it.

If this doesn't raise a cry from the public world-wide to stop this, I don't
know what will.

Leah