[atlarge-discuss] Who are you really?

I fail to understand why an organization that purports to represent users is
not setting up working groups to deal with user issues:

1.  Transfers
2.  Deletes
3.  Privacy
4.  Internationalized Domain Names
5.  Warehousing/Hoarding
6.  Self-dealing by registrars
7.  Bulk WHOIS Sales
8.  Artificial scarcity of TLDs in the namespace
9.  UDRP and other Dispute Resolution mechanisms

If you're not going to deal with these issues in a timely fashion, then in my
view you will be even more worthless than the current Names Council... and
why should ICANN want to deal with you if you have nothing of substance to
contribute?

Working groups to attend to housekeeping issues are fine, but let's not
forget that the real user issues still need to be solved -- that means
issue-based working groups (unless you want the Business Constituency and the
Intellectual Property Folks to solve these problems for you while you dally
at setting up shop).  Sadly, I don't sense any commitment of the part of most
on this list to actually deal with user issues.  With rare exceptions most of
you don't post to the GA list, nor seek appointment onto established Task
Forces, nor otherwise display any interest in anything other than governance
issues.  Even those of you that are members of other constituencies rarely if
ever discuss actual user issues.  So, is this really a user organization, or
is it just a paltry clone of the Non-Commercial Constituency masquerading as
a body of users?