Re: [atlarge-discuss] FW: [atlarge-panel] 006 Name - Panel approves Timeline and Schedule

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:26:42 -0400, Joanna Lane <jo-uk@rcn.com> wrote:

>FYI

I registered domain names netatlarge.org and netatlarge.info precisely
to be considered as names for this organisation, and subsequently used
as Internet names, so I confirm that I will transfer one or both to the
organisation for free.

This implies that this organisation must be incorporated somewhere. Yet
Another Non-profit Organisation? In my opinion, yes.
And BTW I will transfer, upon request, these domain names to this
organisation also if they are not selected as (main?) name. They could
be simply aliases, or specialized website names.

Walter Schmidt is right, a name is a bell that hardly will be unrung -
but not THE BELL. This is not my take. So "netatlarge" - or, outside
Internet's names resolution net@large - only for someone will be 'The
Net' at large. Others could like it as 'netatlarge - a shortcut for
InternetAtLarge. Others could like it because it remember that there are
ohter nets, larger, smaller, overlapping or just different.
In italian, net=rete. I'm just checking my bookshelf for a F.Capra's
book. Italian title: "La rete della vita" Original title: "The Web of
Life".

I see that I'm ending in advocating this proposed name, which is
premature. Sorry. Running across today's messages, I too am a bit
confused.

	giampaolo