Re: [atlarge-discuss] 006 Deciding Name...

At 02:39 14/08/02, Joop Teernstra wrote:
My first choice would be icannatlarge.org, currently held by elected panel member Jefsey Morfin.
Jefsey could provide a re-direct to our current web presence.
We should think twice before abandoning the recognition (1650 google links) that we have built up so far.
Why keep the "icann" string?
Because icann, like it or not, is our defining battle ground.
There is NO need for a change, choice, decision.

There is only a lack of understanding by some of:

1. what we need: a legal name to incorporate a secretariat and a banking account

2. what we already have: a global name "@large"

3. what is an internet name.
This NOT because some want the current site to be accessed through a name or another that it cannot be accessed with other names (aliases if no dedicated IP address), with every other names (if having a dedicated IP address).

If this situation is not solved asap, here is what I propose:
2. we will put a link on http://atlarge.ws and request one to Joop on http://icannatlarge.com/org
3. we will work on a solution asap
4. we will write a FAQ to explain exactly what it means so everyone can understand.

I really have a huge personnal work load, so please allow me some sleep. I will try to have that up and running in the comming day or so. The problem is also the DNS propagation and VRSN updates while may nameservers are changing IPs.
Cheers.
jfc