RE: [atlarge-discuss] 006 Deciding Name...

At 12:01 a.m. 3/09/2002 -0400, Joanna Lane wrote:

> >Also, can you please include me on the list of those to whom you
> Escrow the
> >member details. In fact, I'd like to see a copy of the current
> list please.
>
> If this is a Panel decision, yes.

Huh? You cannot expect anybody to agree to Chair an organization of
anonymous members.
The members' Names are on the website.
And you are not Chairing the Organization but only its supervisory Panel and only for as long as it pleases the members of the Panel.

When I speak about bootstrap-phase I mean there are no Rules, no Bylaws and not even a properly agreed mandate for the Panel or its Chair.

What is your authority to deny me this request
I am not denying it, and it should not be difficult to secure a vote from the Panel authorising you to get all the membership data.

 You are
*not* an elected officer of this organization.
No, I'm just an ordinary member who wants to make sure that the notion of democratic decisionmaking is preserved.

As it is, I would like all Panel members that the members have elected to have a chance to express themselves on membership data issues.

--Joop