[atlarge-discuss] Officially Announcing PG-Fun [playing group] & Solicitation of Volunteer PG-Fun Stewards & Guests for the ByteMe Café & Playground...

Officially Announcing PG-Fun [Playing Group] & Solicitation of Volunteer PG-Fun Stewards & Guests for the ByteMe Café & Playground...  [/s/ Joey * ByteMe Café Impressario & Maestro * Tuesday, September 03, 2002 * 7:56 AM EDT USA]

Everyone!

I have taken the liberty of creating two parallel PG-Fun groups at Yahoo! Groups:

[The] Internet@Large ByteMe Café & Playground

[The] World@Large ByteMe Café & Playground

Concluding the vote establishing our organizations new name, presently assumed by me to likely be one or another of the above, I will decommission all but the PG based on the chosen name or in the alternative create a new group based on the selection of a new name I have not anticipated.

Both groups are located, appropriately chosen I believe, in the following Yahoo Groups category path: Top >  Computers & Internet >  Cyberculture >  Virtual Communities.

Membership is open to all that wish to enter into fun. The group is unmoderated and uncensored. Management however reserves the right to place any that cannot handle their intoxication well into the play pen to protect themselves and others.

It is true that Yahoo is ad-supported, and therefore all uses require the sufferance of advertisements. I have not so far determined a better alternative and find the advertisements tolerable or easy to ignore. All users must establish a Yahoo ID.

While the group space has its own rudimentary chat feature it is not nearly as useful as Yahoo! Messenger which may be downloaded free at http://messenger.yahoo.com/ and which I recommend most highly.

Among YM’s features are conference chats of three or more people which I would see us making the greatest use of, along with PC to PC voice and WebCam video-streaming broadcasting.

My Yahoo ID is starwalkeratgaydotcom. Please feel free to add it to your Yahoo! Messenger contact list. I expect this will become our primary means of interaction, with the group list serving as a sort of “game room.”

Yahoo! Messenger offers the additional benefit of being localized for the following countries and the languages (operating under Windows Only; sorry Mac users, English only):

Argentina--Australia--Brazil--Canada--China--Denmark--France--Germany--Hong Kong--India--Ireland--Italy--Japan--Korea--Mexico--New Zealand--Norway--Singapore--Spain--Sweden--Taiwan--UK--United States

I will during all of my on-line hours be logged into both groups. I seek the assistance of others to steward the groups and facilitate chats for specific days and times as well. I would like to be able to post a schedule that “guests” can rely on. Fanciful phantom uniforms will be provided at no charge. Create and use the persona you’ve always wanted.

Please volunteer in this list with a Subject Heading:

PG-Fun--Café ByteMe & Playground Volunteer

Everyone, please join me and our other esteemed colleagues for purely unesteemed mindless fun at Café ByteMe & Playground!

              *** Café ByteMe & Playground ***
  We serve the Best Beverages & Bytes on the planet!
                             We never close!
                               You All Come!
“Non-sense” spoken here -- the Universal Language. ;-)