RE: [atlarge-discuss] Act now -- Your privacy is at risk

At 10:29 PM 9/1/2002 -0700, Bruce Young wrote:

>Richard Henderson wrote:
>
>> . . . since they have no intention of
>> surrendering power to the @large, our only remaining policy
>> is to "go round" ICANN and "bypass" their structures, by
>> building an organisation which is so substantial and
>> numerically convincing, that we can find supporters outside
>> ICANN to pressurise the Board into ceding us power.
>
>Yes.  It's obvious that our only chance to change their ways
>is through external pressure.

Power is NEVER ceded or surrendered. It can only be taken!

/s/ Joey

Tuesday, September 03, 2002 * 11:49 AM EDT USA

>> The WLS fiasco illustrates why ALAC is likely to be futile,
>> powerless, and counter-productive.
>
>Any ICANN AL*C entity has been intended to keep people occupied
>so they can then force it espouse their "party line" then point
>to it as being the "consensus of users."  We need to organize in
>such a fashion, and grow large enough, that they are forced to
>listen to and deal with *our* party line!
>
>Bruce Young
>Portland, Oregon
>Bruce@barelyadequate.info
>http://www.barelyadequate.info
>Support democratic control of the Internet!
>Go to http://www.icannatlarge.com and Join ICANN At Large!
=====
  Everyone, please join me and all our esteemed colleagues
  for purely mindless fun at Café ByteMe & Playground!
--
                     *** Café ByteMe & Playground ***
     We serve the Best Beverages & Bytes on the planet!