[atlarge-discuss] Mailing list problem (was Re: [atlarge-discuss]AtLarge-discuss Summary 25 Aug - 31 Aug2002)

Actually, whatever problems you might be having with your ISP and/or the U.S. authorities, it's quite normal for a mailing list subscription to be terminated after a given number of messages have bounced. Since each "bounce" requires the list-owner to look at the message and try to determine what the problem was, and since (in my experience, at least) most of the time it's that the subscriber has exceeded his/her mailbox space or not paid the ISP bill on time and one has no other means of reaching the subscriber, it's not unusual to set the list-management software toautomatically unsubscribe any account from a large list after 3 or 5 bounces.

Since I'm not the owner of this list, my best guess is that you should not take this personally and might want to check with your ISP whether their server was down recently. As for the question of whether surveillance would be causing your e-mail problems -- it shouldn't unless those doing the surveillance are especially incompetent. Still, you might want to think about getting your more sensitive mail on an overseas server or via a confidential service.

HTH,

Judyth