Re: [atlarge-discuss] RE: [atlarge-panel] website email

Joanna and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Joanna Lane wrote:

> Vivek,
> There is nothing transparent about Panel members receiving offlist replies.
> What is transparent is replies posted to a list that is publicly archived,
> which Joop is refusing to set up, because he would rather receive payment
> for his Polling Booth instead, which he personally owns, hence he is making
> it as difficult as possible to conduct this ballot another way.

  Yes Joop is seemingly being difficult.  However it is not all that difficult
to in stall SureVote at Surevote.com.

> Refusing to release the membership list is all part of the same problem,
> because it means a separate list to receive the ballot papers cannot be set
> up independently without his prior agreement and to go further, he is
> refusing to accept the authority of the Panel, not least by insisting the
> ICANNAtLarge.com domain remains on the ballot paper.

  Agreed here.  This is going too far from Joop.

> Now what I want to know is why you would defend a webmaster who is holding
> this organization to ransom while insulting the Chair who is fighting to get
> this cancer cut out.

  Is this a statement or a question here Joanna?  Whichever it is, Joop is still

a member and he owns the ICANNATLARGE.COM web site and Domain.
Why he will not doa s he said he would back in July and turn all this stuff
over to the Panel is what I feel is out of line.

> I believe very strongly that nobody is indispensable to this organization,
> so any member who attempts to claim control over one aspect or another, as
> the webmaster is now doing, is not going to be my best friend. Sorry, but
> I'm not here for a popularity contest. I am upholding the principals in
> which I believe and if you and the rest of the panel do not support me on
> issues such as this one, you can have my resignation, because unlike Joop, I
> am happy to be replaceable.

  This sounds like and either-or situation you are presenting.  Rather why
not just route around Joop and just set up our own Voting software,
such a surevote at Surevote.com and our own web site???