Micheal Sherrill

From: "Satyajit Gupta" <icheckemail@indiatimes.com>
Date:  Wed, 11 Sep 2002 21:45:51 +0530

 Dear fellow stakeholders,

 The only thing I expected is a fair hearing and I got it from most of you (I thank Jeff who has been public in supporting the right of individuals to vote according to one's conscience and countless others who have emailed me personally to express solidarity).

 To my detractors, I say - when I do not indulge in name-calling and bad-mouthing on the list and respond to people's questions, I am being polite but I suppose that expecting one or more of my fellow panelists to understand that is ...sigh...

 Well, Judith, I shall not rise to your bait beyond what I have said before - but I do not think making public appeals for members not to vote for me in the future will help your cause anyway.

 I leave the members to decide who to vote for - thats the right to vote freely - which I do not think I have given up by serving on the Panel. I think the members ought to consider that Judith, among others, considers something as vital as the means for Panel deliberations (thru tele-conference) as a non-issue...

 I do not think a candidate in any elections has the right to solicit votes by name - I think that lowers the dignity of the elections and the organization... I am sure anyone who is not part of the movement is either having a good laugh or is disgusted by this vulgar display of acrimony in the group archives...

 If some of you want to respond, please email me and YJ personally and NOT the mailing list.

 Thanx,

 Satyajit.

 Buy Music, Video, CD-ROM, Audio-Books and Music Accessories from http://www.planetm.co.in