Re: [atlarge-discuss] Pax pax...

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 20:36:50 +0100, you wrote:

>Now, personally, I hold Vivek and YJ in the highest regard. But if someone
>wants to support a different candidate, then... that is democracy - for
>goodness sake, shrug your shoulders, give a wry smile, and move on...

I definitely agree with that. I don't think that there's any opinion
whatsoever that is incompatible with being a panel member for
icannatlarge.com; simply, our voters will decide whether they support
or not support this opinion.

However, there's nothing bad in asking explanation about an elected
person's behaviour, if it is done politely. Voters, to judge, must
have the chance to understand exactly what their candidates are doing
and whether they are consistent with their promises. So I don't see
any scandal in asking Satya to explain his position and why he thinks
that there's no clash between what he said at election time and what
he is doing now. In fact, this is what I did when I was asked, for
example, why I would accept to serve in the ALAC-AG - I explained,
some people found my reasons agreeable and supported my position, some
others didn't agree and criticized me, but as long as opinions are
expressed and defended politely and honestly, both points of view are
absolutely fine. It's important to be able to express freely any
opinion, even in cases where it might be supported only by a small
minority.

(And thanks for your kind words!)
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------