RE: [atlarge-discuss] icannatlarge.com

> |  Second, and most importantly, Joanna jumped the gun, there is
> |  NO legal concern regarding ICANNATLARGE.COM with a respect
> |  to any "License" which does not exist legally speaking anyway
> |  in TM law parlance.
>
> Really?  When a noted lawyer makes a public challenge of our use of the
> name in an open forum run by ICANN (specifically the DNSO-GA forum), I'd
say
> that a potential legal problem is in the wild, and our enemies are aware
of it!
> I'll not disagree with others in this forum who point out that other Web
> sites are using the ICANN name as part of their online identity without
> repercussions.

Please help me to understand this. (I admit that I do not understand some of
the fine meanings which may be in some of the poetry in some of the other
recent postings on this list).

It is not that "Other Web sites are using the ICANN name as part of their
online identity" - the ICANN web site enumerating the different "at large"
structures mentiones us as the only world wide structure with the name of our
present Web site.

Why is this point not taken up in our debate more clearly? What is wrong
with this very clear fact?

This situation belongs, for me, to the world of FACTS.

Of course if the vote on the name should result in a name change of the
group of people who have gathered under the name of ICANNatlarge at our present
web site - then we have voted ourselves out from the position we have at
present - rightly acknowledged so far also by ICANN.

Norbert

--
Norbert Klein
Open Forum of Cambodia: www.forum.org.kh