RE: [atlarge-discuss] Democratic process (was Re: [atlarge-discuss]encouragement)

Norbert Klein wrote:

|  I am only concerned that this should not take too long. The
|  Germans counted
|  their votes for the National Elections for the whole country in
|  less than 12
|  hours. For us - a somewhat smaller population - it takes days.

With respect, the Germans likely have an entire government organization
devoted to the vote.  We had three people with real jobs and family
commitments, in three geographically separated locations, corerdinating
through e-mail!  Cut us some slack, eh?

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
bruce@barelyadequate.info